“Full Range Leadership for Advancing Health and Safety” is an opportunity to transform your leadership skills in just 5 months! Kicking off on October 7, 2021, safety professionals, business owners, supervisors, and those seeking to take a leadership role in their workplace will benefit from this one-of-a-kind training program consisting of 10 virtual, interactive learning sessions led and developed by faculty instructors from the University of Washington, as well as opportunities for action learning in the workplace and peer-to-peer interaction.
This training program was developed by the University of Washington Foster School of Business Center for Leadership and Strategic Thinking (CLST) and University of Washington Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences (DEOHS). Participants will engage with curriculum developed from over 20 years of research practice focusing on leadership, and special emphasis will be placed on building skills to create safer and healthier workplaces in response to our changing global environment.
This development program is designed to provide the following to current and emerging leaders:
- Design and execute a personalized leadership development action plan – you will complete proven, exclusive leadership readiness assessments to determine goals and opportunities with feedback from instructors.
- Techniques to better support mental health in the workplace through the application of techniques around Psychological Capital and Emotional Optimization – develop positive practices for creating inclusive and collaborative team environments.
- Apply leadership and coaching skills in real-time with an action learning project in your workplace – receive feedback, support, and guidance from experts in peer-coaching and leadership research along the way to make the most of your new skills
- Share your current leadership challenges in the workplace and exchange perspectives with peers in the industry. This is a unique opportunity to meet regularly with members of your community to learn from, and alongside, one another.
- Learn about best practices for increasing safety in the workplace through curriculum developed by leading researchers and practitioners in workplace health and safety – the emergence of COVID-19 has highlighted the need for effective safety-minded leadership in our workplaces. Learn best practices for motivating your employees to be safer at work, and strategies for effectively implementing safety and health programs.
Registration for this 5-month program is $1495. From now until October 6, 2021 employers and organizations can take advantage of a special BOGO registration deal – buy one registration, get the second for $995!Program kicks off on October 7, 2021.