Some important details about the new, fully online Master of Science in Safety and Health Management (MS-SHM) degree at Central Washington University.
- For career-driven EHS professionals with 4+ years of full-time work experience in EHS or a closely related field
- Requires a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Designed for working professionals – students take 1-2 online courses per quarter for 7 quarters in a cohort system
- Involves an applied project experience rather than a master’s thesis
- Can be completed in two years and one summer
- No GRE or GMAT required
- Priority applications accepted until April 1, 2019 for coursework beginning in Fall 2019
- Coursework incudes advanced safety management, EHS analytics, risk management, sustainability and stewardship, crisis management, and advanced industrial hygiene
For more information, please visit the website and review the handbook. If you have questions not answered by the website or handbook, please call (509-963-1740) or email Morgan Bliss.
Free Vehicle/Equipment Movement Planning & Safety Training
Oct 10, 2018
The constant movement of vehicles and big equipment create serious hazards for workers on construction sites. Whether it’s a road construction site or a large building construction site, the interaction of heavy equipment and large trucks with on-foot workers commonly creates a high fatality and high hazard zone.
For these high risk construction zones, training is essential for all personnel. Targeted training can help increase construction employee awareness and reduce incidents caused by heavy construction equipment including backing operations, struck-by, caught-between, and vehicle accidents.
Establish a Safety Fund
Aug 19, 2015
Donors can establish a named academic scholarship or professional education grant fund through the ASSP Foundation. Scholarships and grants advance the safety profession and provide national recognition for the donor. The Foundation manages the administrative details of this program and works with the donor to provide qualified award recipients each year.
WISE Mentoring Program
Aug 19, 2015
The WISE Mentoring program successfully connects today’s most talented and experienced women mentors with rising and aspiring mentees. This pairing is designed to encourage and empower mentees to more effectively advance their careers through alignment with identified business objective, skill development, career option consideration, and network formation. All discussions are strictly confidential between the two parties. If you are an SH&E practitioner seeking to chart a successful career path or a seasoned pro eager to share experiences and insight, please visit the ASSP WISE website for more information.